Saturday, January 31, 2009

After-School Specials

Remember my cartoon challenge? Well, I tired my best to create versions of old characters. I only managed to confidently pull off two outfits, but here they are!

Pepper Ann from Pepper Ann.

The original quirky misfit. Pepper Ann was independent, sarcastic, and rather mellow-dramatic. Her style was something to marvel at, as well.

shirt: old navy/ skirt: old uniform/ leggings: thrifted

And here you have it. Surely not an exact replica of PA's clashing duds, but you get the idea. I like her olive skirt and blue leggings and all, but I had to make my own version. Using my own clothing. I tried to make up for the skirt with the plaid one, and the leggings with polka-dot ones. Since this outfit is a bit tamer, I figured the two patterns could make up for it. I also wore my glasses and made my hair messy. Much like Pepper Ann. Too bad you can't see my converse in this picture. That was the total Pepper Ann accessory!

Courtney Gripling from As Told By Ginger.

To be honest, I never actually liked this show. Sometimes, I only watched it because it was one of the only cartoon shows where the characters didn't wear the same outfit every day. Courtney was the rich girl. She exemplified this through her lavish investments and her clothes.

skirt: gap/ shirt: old navy/ cardigan: thrifted/ jewelery: inherited

And there. Courtney always wore skirts and usually had some sort of cardigan going on. Thus this outfit. We even have the same hairstyle.

I'll probably try this thing again one day. When I don't have to worry about getting-out-of-this-outfit-in-ease-because-of-rehearsal-ability. I promise to do a better job next time. Ha.

-Chloe

No comments: