Saturday, December 13, 2008

Neutral Pattern [Hotel]

I apologize for the horrible attempt at a title. But it really should not matter, considering I am actually posting a blog. I haven't been keeping up with this blog as much as my other half has. She's wonder woman, I swear to you.

Anyway, let us continue on with the topic. Neutral patterns. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Neutral patterns? Impossible!" Well, guess what? It is in fact possible. You just have to know how to do it correctly. Let's begin, shall we?

Pinstripe. The minimal stripes are practically invisible from afar. This gives you ample opportunity to go crazy with other patterns.


Calico. This is a small dusty floral that is most commonly in a blue hue. The flowers are small and blend in with the background. However, this is a bit more difficult to mix than others. So, be careful!
Glen plaid. Like pinstripe, it's practically not even a pattern. Very subtle, indeed. Have fun experimenting.

Leopard print. This is the most dangerous neutral print of them all. The brown of it compliments well with various other patterns. But be incredibly careful when wearing this pattern!


Here are some examples:


Pattern Mixing by ChloeWarhol

Notice how on the first, the leopard print is a subtle addition to the outfit. Like I said, you have to be careful with it. Wearing a scarf, hat, or bag with the leopard print would be exceptional, too.

On the second outfit, I added a bland scarf, stocking, and shoes. This takes some of the clash away from the top and the skirt.

I hope this was helpful!

- Chloe.

No comments: