Saturday, December 6, 2008

Marie Antoinette

I have a strange fixation with Marie Antoinette, so, needless to say, Sophia Coppola's Marie Antoinette is one of my favorite movies, not so much from the plot perspective, but definatly from the aesthetic side of things. The outfits, scenery and food in this movie really make me drool. I'm also very fond of the soundtrack. Whenever I'm going to a party, I listen to the Hong Kong Garden by Siouxsie and the Banshees, hoping that my night will turn out as magically as the party scene in Coppola's movie does.



marie antoinette by ameliaantoinette


Ah, the teacups, the chapagne, the square cut trees of Versaille, even though her country was in political turmoil, and she ended up in the guillotine, sometimes I just can't help but envy her.


Here is a picture of my Marie Antoinette Halloween costume.


I wish I had had more feathers for my hair, but, alas, I only had a small tuft. We were in the middle of a production of Our Town the week of Halloween, so I didn't get to work on this costume as much as I would have liked to. However, my hair did make the fluffy bouffant all on its own, no hairspray required. Sometimes having voluminous hair does come in handy!

-Amelia

No comments: