Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Smart Girl



The movie Smart People (2008) was not my favorite. This may have been due to the lack of a likeable character, or the fact that it was labled a comedy, yet only one line in the entire movie made me laugh (what's it like being stupid?) Or it could have been the creepy sex between Sarah Jessica Parker and Dennis Quaid.




However, I didn't regret watching this movie for two reasons:




1. The pleasant acoustic guitar soundtrack throughout and




2. Ellen Page's adorable wardrobe.




Page plays Vanessa, a neurotic, overbearing, friendless high school senior, whose time is spent campaingning for her "young republicans" group and studying for the SAT. The usually modest Vanessa's outfits consist typically of long skirts, turtlenecks and sweaters, appropriate for the movie's cold weather setting, and for her conservative nature. I know this description is probably conjuring up images of old librarians in your mind, but Page does it right. Observe:





I'm going to attempt to emulate her look throughout the winter. I've just inherited a HECKLOAD of really excellent vintage sweaters from my great grandmother, so i have a lot of tools to work with. I'll be posting pictures of my attemps.

-amelia

No comments: